Scenically surrounded by the waters of Lake Garda, this castle was built in the second half of the 14th century by Verona’s noble Della Scala family. The main features are the wet dock, an incredible fortified port built in the 14th century, the ramparts, and the crenellated towers. The central tower is 47 metres. It is possible to enjoy a beautiful walk on the ramparts.
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday-Saturday: 8:30am – 7:30pm (last entrance 6:45pm)
- Sunday and holidays during the week: 8:30am – 1:30pm (last entrance 12:45pm)
- € 6.00; € 3.00 (UE citizens 18-25 years old); free on the first Sunday of the month
- Combined ticket Scaligeri Castle, Catullus Grottoes, and Desenzano Roman Villa € 14.00; Annual membership 3 Musei del Garda – Polo Museale della Lombardia € 21.00;
- Reduced ticket € 2.00; Combined ticket Scaligeri Castle, Catullus Grottoe,s and Desenzano Roman Villa € 6.00; Annual membership 3 Musei del Garda – Polo Museale della Lombardia € 13.00