Founded in 1039, the monastery, originally called St. Pietro in Monte, is located in a panoramic position on Mount Orsino (993 m. of altitude). Radically restructured in mid-15th century, it can be reached through a beautiful walk in the woods. The excavations have revealed important Upper Middle Age buildings and artifacts.
Open every Sunday from 15 June to 15 September with guided tours at 11:00am and 4:00pm, or upon reservation tel. +39.0365.910000.